homestead - Re: [Homestead] Roasted Peanuts

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Roasted Peanuts
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 22:13:48 -0800

What kind of salt and water are you using? Could make a difference also.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mogrits" <mogrits AT gmail.com>

An update: I had a store-bought one pound bag of raw peanuts. I soaked them
about 12 hrs in brine and roasted them on two cookie sheets in a convection
oven at 325 degrees for a little under a half hour. (I was sampling them for
"doneness" in the last ten minutes).

They came out okay but had no salt flavor whatsoever. Many of them were
overdone, too, because I failed to account for the fact they will continue
to cook for a while even when removed from heat.

Next batch I will try boiling them in the brine for a while and then
roasting them. I don't want them to taste like a salt lick necessarily, but
they should have some hint of salt inside.