homestead - Re: [Homestead] kerosene heater in woodshop

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] kerosene heater in woodshop
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 22:19:55 -0800

My Dad always had one and said they were safe as long as one took precautions AND set them up off the floor. He said that made them more visible and they were less likely to get knocked over and less likely to have things drift into them when he was sweeping up, etc. His sat on a little platform he built of bricks about 12" off the floor.

Ron and I are having a disagreement. My folks gave us a used kerosene
heater that Ron is thinking of using in his 16x20 woodshop. He thinks
that as long as he is not sanding, things should be okay, but I think it
is a dangerous place, sanding or no sanding. Opinions?
--
Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the
ocean's depths, MY son is protecting YOUR freedom.