homestead - Re: [Homestead] woodstove/newsprint

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] woodstove/newsprint
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 12:18:13 -0600

On Nov 12, 2007, at 5:19 PM, tom wrote:

I know the conventional wisdom for a long time has been to never use
newsprint with color ink to start a fire. Has this changed with many
newspapers starting to use soy-based ink for their color printing?
Its getting harder to find black-only pages in my local paper!

I never heard that one. I suppose the ashes from such fires might best be not used in one's food-growing areas.

I always liked the colors put out by the various chemicals in colored ink.

Learn to start fires without paper.