homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cover crop

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cover crop
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 08:28:50 -0700

At 8/13/2007, you wrote:
Those
are bigger cracks than roots will create, for sure. Perhaps one could
dump tough organic stuff down into those cracks and then water, which
would break up the soil as it expands against the material.

This area is packed fill. So hard that such cracks have not appeared. While digging the trenches for the sprinkler system, I hit the tracks of the equipment, so hard that even soaking did no good, only heavy pick work early in the morning.

I looked at the Zanoni weather this morning, today 105, Tues 106, Wed 105, Thur 101.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com