homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tree ID

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tree ID
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 15:01:18 -0700

On Jul 23, 2007, at 11:15 AM, EarthNSky wrote:

I think I asked this once before, but CRS has striken, so here we go again..
I have several trees on my property that have a fruit that is the color
of a blueberry, but the size and shape of a persimmon. This grows in
the woods alongside the hickories, oaks, and sweetgums. It must fruit
in late June, as I am finding the semi-dried fruits on the ground now.
Each fruit has multiple seeds, like a persimmon, but this is not a
persimmon tree.

Any ideas?

Are you sure it's not a persimmon? Early fruit is the color of blue plums.