homestead - Re: [Homestead] Test

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Test
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 07:44:00 -0700

At 7/23/2007, you wrote:
I have a chapter in my book about air quality. I never dreamed it
would come to this, Don:

Huge Dust Plumes
From China Cause
Changes in Climate
July 20, 2007; Page B1

One of the many science fiction books I have read over the years (I think it was by John Brunner and written in the early 60s) starts with scientists releasing a traceable agent into the atmosphere in Singapore. The agent was detected in San Francisco and convinced scientists in the story that the atmosphere was saturated with pollution.

Over one billion people in a country with much open land and few enforceable environmental laws is bound to generate significant pollution that till travel well beyond its borders.

One of the reasons we had a light hurricane season last year is dust from the Sahara Desert drought blowing out over the Atlantic and keeping sea surface and air temperatures low. Rains this year are keeping some of the dust in check.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com