homestead - Re: [Homestead] Test

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Test
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 18:55:32 -0400

On 7/22/07, KNat <knat AT sprintmail.com> wrote:

Gene GeRue wrote:
> Anybody out there?
Nope

I am a huge Tour de France fan, so we have been glued to taped viewings of
the race. Youngest son and I managed to plant a few rows of beets, spinach
(two varieties) and chard a couple days ago. The pumpkins and mystery squash
are growing well in our new tilled area, looks like youngest will have
pumpkins to sell this year at husband's music store. Keeping almost even w/
the bindweed. Husband had a sublimated rib (popped out of place and stayed
that way for 8-9 days--now back in place), most likely acquired while
muscling the tilller in the new patch and/or while hammering nails into the
new pergola we put over our kitchen deck just before my sister & family
visited earlier this month. Meanwhile, he has had gigs every weekend which
is typical for summer. Have been giving oldest son driving lessons. Picked 2
qts of black raspberries a week or two ago, now in the freezer.

There's the July summary for the Perry's. Not as busy as some, but busy
enough.

Lisa