homestead - Re: [Homestead] Intentional Communities - Neighbors

  • From: FranksFarm AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Intentional Communities - Neighbors
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 10:25:01 -0400

Hi ,

Van Dell - I live in a very rural,beautiful area of Kentucky. And most of the
neighbors homestead small farms. many have second jobs to make ends meet. And
most have good country skills. But just try and get something done on a
schedule down here! Most good contractors are busy when you need them most,
or if not you really don't want them. many folks down here have lived here
for generations and they KNOW who's good and who isn't.

Much is passed down by word of mouth- and if you are NOT from area -or don't
go down to the local coffee shop you may not even know what's going on:)

I envy some of you folks who have neighbors who seem to be right there when
you need them. Mine are so busy just trying to stay afloat that I hate to
even ask. Of course when hunting season comes most find a way to take time
off no matter what:)

Like Gene said some of these folks are fiercely independent. Frank in KY

  • Re: [Homestead] Intentional Communities - Neighbors, FranksFarm, 06/22/2007