homestead - [Homestead] air compressor troubleshooting

  • From: Keith B <bartermn AT epix.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] air compressor troubleshooting
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 22:00:26 -0400

We just replaced my cobbled old air compressor with one from Sears. It's been about two weeks, I guess, with me using it no more than a few hours a day to shoot a nail gun or to blow out the surface planer. Yesterday it started giving me a fit. The motor will try to kick in the compressor but usually fail before it does.

The vacuum pump down in the barn will do the same, always has, but with that I can give the belt a tug or two and get it going.

The troubleshooting guide that came with the new compressor says it could be the check valve. Already? I haven't taken it back to Sears yet but plan on it this weekend. Does it sound like the check valve could be the problem?