homestead - Re: [Homestead] A homestead model

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A homestead model
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 11:00:14 -0500

On 6/20/07, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com> wrote:

My solution is quite simple, and I'm surprised it hasn't occured to more
people. As you know, although not everyone agrees, I am a very staunch
believer
that 99% of our medical problems are self-induced and could be self-relieved.
What can't can be born with a non-whining cheeriness. My own parents have
always had this attitude and are doing quite well in their independence in
their
80's.

Note my earlier e-mails on this subject. My father lived to be 93 but
he developed Alzheimer's. The doctors were amazed at how slowly it
progressed (and neither of his brothers, who also lived long lives
were so afflicted) but there it was, and it wasn't easy to deal with.
So far as I know, no one whined, but it was fairly awful.

But, my plan is simple. If the time should come when I can't maintain this
lifestyle and if I have no children or others to look after me out of
affection, then I will die. I've had a good run and what's to regret?

Also, see earlier posts. Humans, being what we are, don't just shuffle
off. That's my plan too, but human plans so often go into the toilet.

Marie