homestead - Re: [Homestead] Thank goodness for black and white

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Thank goodness for black and white
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 08:42:06 EDT

> Thom is Rush before Rush discovered that changing to the right was where
> the
> money was

That's right. In the bad old days Rush was a long haired acid rock DJ with
very liberal leanings.

Right wing talk radio's main purpose is entertainment, not political
movement. That has been the consequence but not the purpose. Rush, Boortz,
Liddy,
Savage, and ilk are all entertainers. That's why people listen to them.
They
all get old after a while. There's no broadcast TV on this homestead (only
the occasional recorded movie) so we listen to the radio a bit. It's a bit
of
talk radio during the weekdays and then NPR on the weekends.

Because we have no problem dealing with black and white, we do not fall into
the trap and illusion that either end of the spectrum is the norm, not Air
America and NPR nor conservative talk radio. When you listen to both sides
and
check the facts for yourself on the important issues, you see that both are
hissing lying through their teeth when the bias suits them. Without those
referecne points of black and white, there is no hope in sifting through it
all.

</HTML>