homestead - Re: [Homestead] bread- ? For Rob

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] bread- ? For Rob
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 22:44:52 -0800

I'm reporting back in. Since I lost an argument (but won the war <g>) with a horse many long years ago and busted up all the bones in my hand (angle iron vs. hand is NOT recommended <g>), I haven't been doing much bread making. So I finally got a Kitchenaide and went looking for recipes.

Well, according to my researchers (DH, youngest kidlet and moi <g>), your recipe wins all the tests -- ease of making, taste, keeping, texture! Youngest says it is superior when toasted and slathered with homemade organic peanut butter. DH highly recommends it for making paninis! Personally, I think the reason to make bread is to just tear off a chunk fresh out of the oven and have it with sweet cream butter!

Thanks for taking the time to send the recipe!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob" <becida AT comcast.net>

Hi Lynda,
Here is the bread I have been making every week (Sunday) for a long
time now, I like it <g>.