homestead - Re: [Homestead] moving on- Missouri homestead for sale

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] moving on- Missouri homestead for sale
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 23:05:20 -0800

It must be similar to living out here. We're on a private road and there is one place up the hill across from us and one place down the gully from us, other than that we're the last folks on the road. It seems like a major event when we see a car <g> Dogs have fits and we look up to see who got lost since the folks up the hill work in the next town and leave at 5 a.m. so we rarely see their car and the folks down in the gully are an elderly father and his son who rarely drive.

Now, being supremely cyber-challenged, if this link doesn't work, don't be surprised. I decided I'd give Photobucket a try. Ideally this will work and y'all can see what our little corner of Nowheresville/You Can't Get Here
From There looks like. And, being a sunset nut, I included two pictures of
sunset. I showed great restraint and only put in two <g>

http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa243/ANoydAmI/

If I get a chance, Toni, I'll add some pictures of the youngest. Would ya believe she's now 15 and the only one still at home. Where did the time go?

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <tonitime AT juno.com>

We live in a remote spot - as far back as one can go before dropping into
the gorge at the Clifty Wilderness area and Daniel Boone Natl. Forest.
There are only 7 households within alot of miles, ours being farthest
from an asphalt road. 5 of our families just happened to be kindred
souls who just dropped in on this area - a place that the locals deem
"waaaay out there". It is fabulous. We could be home for weeks and not
have anyone unexpected drop by and no thru traffic at all. When prices
began going up, we'd each always check with a "neighbor" to see if
anything is needed from town or the big city ( 2 hours away) - or to join
along. Pretty common courtesy among us to save miles. We all have good
and different skills we trade around, too. Fine folk, mostly outsiders
like us. This is uncommon wonderful luck, as this county is small and
mountainous - with few people moving near from other parts of the
country. We sure do rely on each other for many things, and have some
great social/eating events on a regular basis.
We all just have to stick together and help each other. Before we moved
back, there was a BIG icestorm. There were hundreds of trees down and
blocking the road in for 1-2 weeks - even with chainsaws going from the
road to the end - about 3.5 miles. Thankfully, this happens rarely
----but imagine the days before chainsaws, or if/when we do not have gas
access! I'd better find a big 2 person crosscut type saw to keep hanging
nearby :)