homestead - Re: [Homestead] moving on- Missouri homestead for sale

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] moving on- Missouri homestead for sale
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 23:22:17 -0500

On 6/6/07, tonitime AT juno.com <tonitime AT juno.com> wrote:

----but imagine the days before chainsaws, or if/when we do not have gas
access! I'd better find a big 2 person crosscut type saw to keep hanging
nearby :)

I shudder to think how Mom and I could have both died young because we
used a two-person crossbut to take down a number of large (>2-foot
diameter) trees that could have shifted and killed us. It wasn't an
impressive tool -- just a saw with handles on both ends.

Of course, it's amazing that way more of us weren't killed in the
years before the Age of Safety.

Marie