homestead - Re: [Homestead] gas prices

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] gas prices
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 07:51:55 -0700

Biodiesel is widely available. Kits for making it are available. I suspect the payback period is long.

Research methane digesters. I have read of Indian farmers who use dung to produce methane gas that is used for cooking and heating. A gas would have to be compressed to operate a vehicle. Sounds to me like a bigger project than the typical homesteader needs.

Too bad you came after Tvo was gone. He would give you a full dissertation. Rob, did you save anything from him on biodiesel?