homestead - Re: [Homestead] Anyone know the name of the soldier....

  • From: "Gloria Morris" <gloriamorris59 AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Anyone know the name of the soldier....
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 12:25:22 -0500

Marie, I'm very thankful that you survived the crash. You are a bright spot
in this world.
BIG HUG,
Gloria

On 5/29/07, Marie McHarry <mmcharry AT gmail.com> wrote:

On 5/28/07, Lynda <lurine AT softcom.net> wrote:
> {{{{{Marie}}}}}

Thanks, Lynda.

I have an answer to my question: Smedley Butler.

He was the son of Quakers and a Marine (no cognitive dissonance there,
right?) and he retired at the rank of major general. He wrote a book
titled _War is a Racket_ and came to the conclusion that he'd spent
his career making the world safe for Wall Street.

And now back to homesteading. We seem to be at the beginning of a
drought (again). Rain was in the forecast for the last 5 or so days,
and I got maybe a tenth of an inch in my rain gage. We got at least
enough rain to make decent puddles.

Oh well, time to get out the soaker hoses. And to send condolences to
those who are experiencing floods.

Marie