homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bok Choy

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bok Choy
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 21:32:02 -0400

Hiya Bev!
I have prepped Pac Choi/BokChoy just like i have done chard and
spinach. Prepare the washed produce by cutting to size your like, blanch
in boiling water for less than 2 minutes, plunge into ice water to cool
quickly, and drain/dry on thick terry towels (squeeze out all the extra
liquid). Portion out into containers or bags, suck out air, and freeze.
Like everything else, it isn't like fresh - but still works well in stir
fry, soups, and other dishes that need layered greens.
Good luck,
Toni

> HELP, I have an overabundance of pak choi/bok choy sitting on my
counter.(officially pak choi).
Is there any way to freeze it?