homestead - [Homestead] California College Administrators Attempt Funding Coup

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: Homestead mailing list digest <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] California College Administrators Attempt Funding Coup
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 16:23:26 -0800

The syndicate that represents California community college administrators is trying to eliminate the law that forces them to spend 50% of the money on actual classes (as a taxpayer, I'm wondering, 'Gee, shouldn't that be the 70%, or the 80%, law?'). That would free up the money to spend on themselves. Here's the propaganda page from the teachers' union exposing this diabolical plot (forgive both the sentence fragment and the bellicose tone):

"ACCA’s highest priority is elimination of the 50% law. If administrators have their way it won’t just be weakened. It will be gone. To this we have CTA sponsored legislation to strengthen the 50% law. And it’s CTA’s highest priority - Tier 1.
Let the battle begin! "

Click on Association News then on President's Monthly Message at

http://www.ccafca.org/

Bill