homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bamboo trading

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bamboo trading
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 22:06:39 -0400

Oh - please, please, please count me in on the bamboo experiment ~ to see
if that variety will make it in this colder climate. Even if it gets top
burn in some years - it'd be so worth starting for us. Will send postage
prepaid toya, should it ever come together, Bev :)

I also will seek two smaller hardy ones, as i found some great enameled
steel washtubs in the woods (dump site of old wringer washers). I figure
those partially buried with stone surrounds should hold the rampant
darlings for the japanesey garden area. They may look great next to a
sort of moon gate or small pavillion looking down an undulating field to
the woods all around. A good friend with maybe 2500 acres of gorgeland
here perpetually makes walking trails on his property. I joke to him
that i cannot help making beautiful places to sit on our 40 acres!! He,
at 65, has just bicycled across and up and down our USA twice in the last
few years - phew. Instead, I will continue to sit and ponder in between
much hard gardening ;-)

ooops, off on another tangent again :-o

Toni in E KY