homestead - Re: [Homestead] Visitor in the Night

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Visitor in the Night
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 08:30:58 -0500

On 3/10/07, Rob <becida AT comcast.net> wrote:

Would have been a good time to call 911 and give the local sheriff
something to do.

Call them now and tell them what happened, they can patrol and watch your
area. We have floodlights I can switch on when husband is at a late gig, but
I would like automatic sensors. We haven't yet bothered because of all the
critters that would trip the lights (including our own). I live in an area
where some of our friends have lost their house keys, it's been years since
they locked their doors. We lock ours, having lived all over the country,
but I often don't lock it until after husband arrives home. I've become very
trusting of my environment--which is a nice feeling--but this was a reminder
that anything can happen anywhere. Be careful.

Lisa