homestead - Re: [Homestead] I'm back

  • From: Mogrits <mogrits AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] I'm back
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 16:20:13 -0500

Hi Warren, glad you didn't eliminate Homestead as a subscription!

I did for a while, but as I said: 'I'm back!" I needed to get rid of
distractions, and a full inbox can surely be so.

Please explain what you mean by unnecessary ISP's..do people have more
than one?

Yes, we did. We kept aol while the kids were in the house because of the
controls and so forth, then got renewed once due to a lack of vigilance.
grrrrrrrrrr Meanwhile I still had bellsouth PLUS we had a second phone line.
Empty nest, no more aol no more second line and if I can get hughesnet back
down to the house hopefully no more bellsouth.net either.

Sorry to hear about the hawks..I have an avian predation problem, too,
but kills dropped dramatically once I got the birds in the moat, in
fact, I haven't lost one yet to a flying beast since then.

Our ducks are mallards- more decoration than pets or food. They will eat
food we give them but they are far from tame. They freerange our three acre
pond. The hawk is just smarter and faster, apparently. I find piles of
feathers across the pond where they sometimes sun themselves. That's just
the kill site though- the hawk is taking them off elsewhere to eat.