homestead - Re: [Homestead] Hand Spinning and Marketing Wool & Products, was Re: Solar and wind

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Hand Spinning and Marketing Wool & Products, was Re: Solar and wind
  • Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 16:16:11 -0800

Gloria Morris wrote:

Hey Van,
I used to raise long-wooled sheep (Romney, predominantly, with some Lincoln
and other). They were excellent meat animals (in my opinion, and the
opinions of many, the longer wooled sheep have better tasting meat).

Gloria, you're making me wonder what short-wooled sheep would be preferred for, if anything.

Bill
S. Oregon coast