homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gene, you still there?

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gene, you still there?
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 23:39:07 EST

\

> >It's been awhile since we heard from you, that was about the time you
> >had a run-in with the scorpion. You ok?
>
> Gene is on vacation for another few days.

Ha! That's a good an alibi as any, I suppose.

I happen to know otherwise. After Gene was stung by the scorpion, he began
to take on scorpion-like super powers and became Scorpionman, defender of
homesteaders everywhere.

In the latest episode ...eh ... sighting.... report thingie ... keeping his
finger .. eh claws, on the pulse of the real estate world from his
Arachno-lair, he had uncovered the plot of the sinister super villian, the
Urbanizer!

"Yes, you see, this lovely pristine spot would make a wonderful subdivision."

"But, what's this? Why the ground's infested with scorpions, honey, let's
get out of here, we don't want our white picket fence and SUV in this place."

"Scorpions! ? In Missouri? ! This must be the work of .... curses! Foiled
again! You haven't heard the last of the Urnabizer, Scorpionman!"

Stay tuned to this email list for the next exciting adventure of ....
Scorpionman!