homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gene, you still there?

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gene, you still there?
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 20:13:47 -0800

At 1/30/2007, you wrote:
Good news, Don - and thanks for asking, Rob - I was beginning to wonder, too.
Now, all I'm wondering about is...er, um...Hamfest?
Please elaborate?

Ham Radio gatherings are called Hamfests. The one I recently attended was called Quartzfest and is held yearly in that RV Mecca, Quartzsite, Arizona. Thousands of acres of free camping and as many as a million people spend the winter in the Arizona sunshine. Take a look at my journal for some of what we did, a solid week of radio talk, classes, demonstrations. Pure Nirvana for a tech weeniw\e like myself.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com
My travel journal

I am omnivagant.