homestead - Re: [Homestead] This and That

  • From: "Wendy" <crazygardens AT verizon.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] This and That
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:31:30 -0500

They REQUIRE wet feet part of the year and will do fine with wet feel all year long. Also, right now there is a big market for contorted willow branches used in dried arangements. People offer them at fairs and roadside stands around here. They bring about a buck for a nice three foot twisted peice. I got a piece last year and tried to root it, but it didn't make it. :-(

Wendy

YES! We and our neighbors have them growing with their "feet" in or
around the pond edges. on both our properties. They do so well with wet
feet. Perhaps Lynda could use that area to naturalize such flowers!
Toni

I've always wanted a boggy area for Spanish Iris. > Wendy

> It's a shame to waste the area but I haven't figured out what will
do well there except willow trees <g>