homestead - Re: [Homestead] Good or bad? You decide

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Good or bad? You decide
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 13:10:39 -0500

I think that a lot of, maybe most people only look at
the short term consequences, and aren't aware of or
ignore the long term.

That is probably human nature, our intellect should tell us that we
should consider the long term consequences of our actions. It would be
nice if we, as society, could make decisions on today based on what
affect the decision has on the future.

I hate to be pesamistic, but I doubt that a country that is spending
billions on a war when spending billions on alternative sources of
energy would bring about the changes we want faster.

I see myself sitting here at the computer, instead of
doing all the things and need to do now, causing me
extra work or expense in the future.

:>) I guess everything starts with me :>) I had to drop off mailing
lists and severely cut my internet research time last spring. I was
spending a heck of a lot more time researching and talking
homesteading than actual homesteading.

Sometimes it is time well spent, sometimes not.

Rob - Va