homestead - Re: [Homestead] Good or bad? You decide

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Good or bad? You decide
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 08:07:11 -0800 (PST)

I think that a lot of, maybe most people only look at
the short term consequences, and aren't aware of or
ignore the long term.
I see farmers who are gradually destroying their land
instead of building up the soil, only one example of
environmental short sightedness. I see corporations
going for quarterly profits instead investment in the
long term future. I see children being taught to the
test instead of real education which is to teach the
student to want to learn. I see government trying to
do too much now without taxing enough or lowering the
spending to the level of money coming in, thus
creating dept that will haunt future generation.
I see myself sitting here at the computer, instead of
doing all the things and need to do now, causing me
extra work or expense in the future.
Van Dell

http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/options/homestead/sanrico%40highdesert.com