homestead - Re: [Homestead] Weed indicators for soil quality

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Weed indicators for soil quality
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 15:34:57 -0500

Others will chime in, I'm sure, but Tvo, IMO, was the smartest man on
the planet. He had done more, seen more, and had more practical
knowledge of things than anyone I have ever known. He'd lived in a
zillion countries, knew a zillion techniques for building, growing, you
name it...he knew breeds, methods, etc. and would always provide enough
links and reading material in his posts to keep you busy for a week. I
chuckled earlier when I came across a page talking about cattle, where,
at the top of the page, Greg E. wrote something to the effect of "Holy
Sh*t, Tvo, I'll be reading for a month!"
Tvo had a sense of humor, too, and he pulled no punches. If you were
touting BS, he told you so. He and Gene always had their little poteen
vs. beer discussions<g>, and all of us oldtimers used to gather around
and listen to Tvo as if he were some kind of god. We, in fact, called
ourselves, the Church of Tvo, as we were practically a cult (but a fun
cult, no less) I just cannot tell you how much I learned from him, what
an influence he was on me, and how much I miss his presence on the list.
He died last year from a long battle with cancer.
I often feel that as long as we keep posting and reposting all the good
stuff Tvo gave us, that he will continue to live amongst us in spirit.
Long live Tvoivozhd! BTW, his real name was Richard, but he told us
that Tvoizozhd meant "your leader" in Russian. That, he most certainly
was...

Bev

tonitime AT juno.com wrote:

please, tell us about this missing listmate i keep hearing about - tvoivozhd?? Toni

--
Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the
ocean's depths, MY son is protecting YOUR freedom.