homestead - Re: [Homestead] Political stuff/minor rant

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Political stuff/minor rant
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 14:38:44 -0800

Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!! What the heck is wrong with people!

AND, if they don't like your sig line then tell them to block you or use the delete key! Basically they need to grow up and get a life!

Lynda, who will shut up because she'll really get into a rant <g>

I was recently told by a moderator on another list that people have
complained about my "political" sig file. Not one person has ever said
anything to me directly. Just so everyone here knows, I refuse to remove
it until the kid arrives safely back in port. Some folks who live in
town display yellow ribbons for visibility. I am most visible online,
and therefore, I have decided to display my tag line in lieu of a yellow
ribbon. I am proud of my son, proud of his decision, and proud of his
accomplishments. My tag says nothing about my political leanings as far
as I am concerned. I'd unsub a list before I remove it, stubborn I am.
However, like I told the moderator in a personal email, if my son's
submarine's presence makes whacko leaders like Kim Jong Il think twice
before launching a missile to the US, then my son is a deterrent to war,
not a warmonger,,,that's how I look at it. Also, I know that should
there be some kind of accident, even if other shipmates were able to get
off, that my kid would go down with the ship, because it is his job to
make sure, if he can, that the reactor on the sub does not become a
threat to the environment. So yeah, until he and the sub are safely
back at Pearl, my sig file stays...
Can you tell that it pissed me off?? LOL

Bev
--
Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the
ocean's depths, MY son is protecting YOUR freedom.