homestead - Re: [Homestead] Scorpions. Avoid or kill safely.

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Scorpions. Avoid or kill safely.
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 11:55:11 -0700

I noticed that you didn't say that he is not a
child?????????

She knows that I strive to be childlike.

I left out an important paragraph and have changed the subject line accordingly.

The sting was fully my fault. Instead of going to the garage and getting a piece of wood to smash the scorpion, I picked up a piece of eucalyptus bark and used that. My mistake was using it crosswise, which left the stinger enough room to come over the top of the bark. Had I been more careful I would have squished her with the bark long- wise to the body, thereby covering the stinger.