homestead - Re: [Homestead] Triage - was insurance

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Triage - was insurance
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 09:58:46 EST

> doubt that the size of the population that will be saved is as high as
> 99 percent. Based on a Bell curve distribution, it's probably more
> like 75 or 80 percent, max.

Oh, I doubt that the size of the population that will be "saved" is nearly
that high. But the size of the population that is better equipped to handle
the
problem, if it should arise, if they followed better choices.

That is, when you fell and injured yourself, what if you'd weighed 290lbs?
What if you'd done so little exercise in your life that you bones were under
calcified and your ligaments were atrophied? Would not the injury have been
far
worse? Perhaps those good choices would not have prevented the injury, but
they made it less damaging that it could have been.

I say, (says I) that this same prinicple is at play nearly universally. What
if some form of cancer is creeping up on one of us at this very minute.
Doesn't it make sense that a strong vigourous person not already dealing with
the
effects of overwieght, smoking, toxic diet, bad attitude, fatalism, and such
is going to fare better meeting the challenge?

That's where I get the 99%.

  • Re: [Homestead] Triage - was insurance, Clansgian, 12/13/2006