homestead - [Homestead] Going traveling

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Going traveling
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 20:06:19 -0800

On Wednesday we are heading for Orlando FL. The Make A Wish Foundation is giving my daughter her wish to go to Disneyworld, the rest of us get to tag along.
I can't believe the generosity of the foundation and the volunteers who do the work, or the joy it brings to the kid getting the wish.
Besides flying us to Florida, the assorted park tickets & the rental car we are staying at a place set up for kids & their families called Give Kids The World Village. It's a 2 bedroom, 2 bath villa with a kitchen not too far from the parks. Everything is covered.
Like I said I cannot believe the generosity of the folks who set this whole thing up just for kids who have had a terrible break in their young life.

Needless to say we are all excited, some in my house have been packed for a couple of days <g>. The fighting has already begun on who gets the window seats on the plane <VBG>.

I just wanted to share this with some friends and have a chance to say what a fine thing the Make A Wish people are doing.

Rob
becida AT comcast.net