homestead - Re: [Homestead] Update on homesteady things

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Update on homesteady things
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 14:38:31 -0600

On 11/19/06, sjc <indexer AT localnet.com> wrote:
.> Nothing had to
travel more than 6 feet to be taken off, laundered, folded, or put
on. Linens, rags, and bandages shared the clothes 'closet' (not sure why
we called it a closet?). Handy enough.

If I ever build another house (that one burned) I'd make it the same way.
Oh. My. Goodness. What an lovely efficient plan. I at least have a
washer and dryer upstairs off the bathroom. I sort my clothes and wash
them as I take them off. Since I have a front-loading washer I can do
small loads without using much water. Alas, it uses electricitty.

Now if I can just figure out how to link windpower, of which I have
plenty, into the system I will have achieved one small unit of
efficiency.

Marie