homestead - [Homestead] more quantum physics

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] more quantum physics
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 17:05:45 -0800

That there is so much we don't know just never fails to impress me.

Rob

>>If his experiment with splitting photons actually works, says University of Washington physicist John Cramer, the next step will be to test for quantum "retrocausality."

That's science talk for saying he hopes to find evidence of a photon going backward in time.

Quantum theory describes the behavior of matter and energy at the atomic and subatomic levels, a level of reality where most of the more familiar Newtonian laws of physics (why planets spin, airplanes fly and baseballs curve) no longer apply. <<

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/292378_timeguy15.html