homestead - Re: [Homestead] Muscovy Ducks

  • From: "SISU!" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Muscovy Ducks
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:54:35 -0400

They do seem to have personalities. I didn't clip wings either, but had I known they would fly as far as they did, I probably would have. I liked to see them roosting in the trees and barn/roof, and I reasoned that protected them, so I never clipped wings. Unfortunately that same ability to fly impeded me from being able to catch the birds once they made themselves unwelcome, so I had to shoot them. They were very tasty.