homestead - [Homestead] OT for Don, or anyone, really

  • From: "SISU!" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] OT for Don, or anyone, really
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 12:49:43 -0400

Hi Don, being a student of history, you came to mind first, but this
question goes out to anyone, really. James, you might could help on
this, too. I know James and I have had several conversations about
ancient history offlist.
I am interested in reading more about the history of the Scythians, how
they were related to various peoples over time, etc. I saw a news
article today about a blonde scythian warrior mummy that was found and
that led me to a Wikipedia article, and now I am fascinated by these
peoples who could actually be part of my own ancestry. Can you
recommend a book that recounts Scythian history, one that would give a
general overview of their culture, migrations, habits and languages? I
don't want to get too bogged down in the archeological aspect, just
something more in depth than the brief article on Wiki.
It is my personal belief that the more we know about how ancient peoples
lived, the better we can come to preparing for the future, and many
times, it relates to the olde know thy own history approach to survival.

Bev
--
Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm GO NAVY!
Proud SUBMARINE Parents of a USS Key West Sailor