homestead - Re: [Homestead] Reason for celebration-TJ

  • From: "SISU!" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Reason for celebration-TJ
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 15:47:55 -0400

VAN DELL JORDAN wrote:

As one who had ADHD when it didn't have a name, we just didn't "apply
ourselves", I salute the progess he has made, and share your pride. I
suppose a military career will not allow him any chance to homestead.
Van Dell

Hi Van Dell. I suspect you are not the only one on this list who had
ADD/ADHD as a kid, before there was such a thing known to science. I
know I had it, too. I venture to say that most of us 'out of the box',
type A, 'misfits' had it too.... If we were conformists, we wouldn't be
here, would we? ;)
Since he was barely 17 when he joined up, even if he spends 20 years in
the Navy, he'll only be 37 when he retires, leaving plenty of time for
homesteading...at that point, too, he will have a ready made income and
be able to supplement his needs with his other skills, like his
woodworking or welding if he so desires. Right now, he just wants to
leave all options as open as possible. Who knows who he will marry,
where he will live, or what life he may decide to lead. I do know that
he is a country boy at heart, and I seriously doubt that he will settle
anywhere near a large city, even if he ends up working as a Nuclear
Engineer after his Navy days.

Bev
--
erthnsky AT bellsouth.net BevanRon of EarthNSky Farm NW Georgia USDA Zone 7
34.498N 85.076W