homestead - Re: [Homestead] Reason for celebration-TJ

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Reason for celebration-TJ
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 16:11:56 -0400

Hearty Congrats to your boy and all of you, Bev!
Oh how it makes my heart sing to hear of your story. As an HSing
Mom, i so appreciate hearing of such successes.
When we moved from Sacramento to our ol' Kentucky stead waaaay out in the
sticks, we chose that route ourselves. Always, i wondered if it would be
okay, tho knew it was the only way to do our sort of educating after
moving to Appalachia. The kids came from a background of Public Waldorf
methods - which is an alien concept back here! Our 18 yr. old DH took
her college testing once ( other try canceled for snowstorm!) and aced
it, too. We had not chosen to test the girls in 6 yrs., tho they did the
Princeton ACT and SAT course on their puter. Now, our Rose leaves in
about 4 weeks for a full 4 yr. scholarship to Berea College - a place
where this great kid will continue to shine ( wethinks!).
So - those of us who can relate will celebrate your guy's successes like
they are ours too!
Hawaii is wonderful spot to be in at his time of life! May his journey
continue in even more positive ways :)
Toni ~ Eastern Kentucky (and so deep in harvest processing and Fall
planting that i can't think toooo welll due to canner's brain!)