homestead - Re: [Homestead] Melting

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw AT chilitech.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Melting
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 19:06:02 -0400

Bev; Sometimes you just have to find the silver lining. We had an early
spring this year; I squeezed an extra month in at the beginning of the
growing season. The warm-weather plants are loving it (even if I'm
wilting). We've had plenty of rain and LOTS of heat. We've had years were
it was cold and cloudy all summer; I didn't get any ripe tomatoes until
the end of August (I'll have some by the end of July this year)! I'm
optimistically hoping that I can get another month on the other end of the
season. A little Global Warming is welcome in the frozen north!

Lynn Wigglesworth
Peasant Farmer
Tioga County, PA