homestead - Re: [Homestead] Coyote question

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Coyote question
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 22:08:43 -0700

Our dogs aren't big, a Pitcur Hound and an AmStaff. We see the coyotes every now and again but they skirt our place. The hound raises a stink if she can even smell one around, the pit could care less, she'd rather chase deer <g>

In the past we've had Aussies, Shepherds and Wolfhounds. The Aussies and Shepherds worked as a team. The wolfhound thought having coyotes around was invented just for her and was great sport. While we had Kate, all the neighbors around said they stopped being bothered by the coyotes.

I don't think they are terribly interested in tangling with dogs unless they are mighty hungry.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <sanrico AT highdesert.com>