homestead - Re: [Homestead] Happiness doesn't cost...

  • From: Viking <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Happiness doesn't cost...
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 14:21:23 -0400

sanrico AT highdesert.com wrote:

Bev, I usually spend my time here flitting about in my little
Princess of Lurkdom costume, but I need to speak up long enough to
thank you for initiating the Alternatives thread. It's nice to see
the discussions return to what we're actually here for! Sandy

You're welcome!
I like this list. I like the people on the list. A list is only good
if people will post to it and just like any other kind of community, you
have to participate to really reap the rewards. I think you should
retire your costume...lol....
Anyone can initiate anything....and people should, even if it is not
something personal and just a link to an interesting story you read
online. Being a list member is like registering to vote, it means
nothing unless you actually exercise your right to participate. If the
same people in a community vote over and over, then the community
lifeblood becomes stale and reflects the opinion of only a small number
of people. However, if silent majority exercises their right to
vote/post, then you get a much more varied and interesting lifeforce.

When I read the article you posted, I noticed another good one in the
margin..it's a 6 part series about things that are of interest to this
list...here's the introduction
Part 1 is Species under threat
part 2 is World Water crisis
part 3 is Soaring energy demand
part 4 is Feeding the world
part 5 is Tackling pollution
part 6 is Facing Climate change

Bev

--
erthnsky AT bellsouth.net BevanRon of EarthNSky Farm NW Georgia USDA Zone 7
34.498N 85.076W