homestead - Re: [Homestead] What's Eating America: Corn's Success

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] What's Eating America: Corn's Success
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 14:13:19 -0700 (PDT)

Viking,
I think you have brought up the crucial question. I
don't see any way that this world can sustain a
population that keeps growing indefinitely.
Even if the supply of oil were to be unlimited, there
is still only so much area on the face of the earth
and some day we must overtax the ability of the earth
to provide.
I certainly hope that I am wrong but I'm afraid my
grand children's grandchildren will not have a good
life even if they can survive.
Van Dell
(an ecological pessimist

....and that brings up the question as to