homestead - [Homestead] tolkien

  • From: Sasha <mrkflux AT so.sbb.co.yu>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] tolkien
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 20:30:03 +0200

Shame on you Gene, a writer that has not read Tolkien.

I have read The Lord Oft The Rings many years before the film,nobody around
me
did know who Tolkien was.You have read others who did write about Tolkien and
his work,now that is a lousy way to know a writer and his piece.Now, I dont
know the quote you write about but I didnt have find anything even closely
connected to Catholicism in his books.Religious?Well,in all art artist is in
the end talking about himself.So anything you wrote speaks about you ,or
no ,perhaps?
But on the other side you could wait that this Ring mass media bliss,pass and
then you could be ready to know this book.Which is one of the best books I
have read in my life,and I have read many of them.The LOTR has this ability
to reach something really deep in people,and that is the reason of its
popularity.I am quite sure that it is a work which will be well known after
all of us will be just a dust in the wind.

Best regards,Sasha

--
the buddha said, "there is only one time when it's
necessary to wake up, and that time is now."