homestead - Re: [Homestead] The next ice age is due 2012

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT dtnspeed.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The next ice age is due 2012
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 22:38:16 -0600

<<Interesting. Man hasn't been keeping records long enough to really make
any
kind of predictions, IMO. Neat that we can look at fossils, trees, ice,
etc. to try and figure these things out. >>

We don't have written records but we do have ice drilling that gives us a
lot of information over the last half million years. Recent deep drilling
gives us some solid climatic info.

Marie