homestead - Re: [Homestead] Mobile Home Skirting

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Mobile Home Skirting
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 09:49:43 -0600

I don't think so, but I'll check. I don't think that it is done in this
area. But it still seems like a good idea to me.

A plastic vapor barrier is a good idea in any climate. Consider that there might be underground plumbing leaks in the future.

I have zero experience with mobile homes but if I were installing one I would have a vapor barrier installed first, then covered with several inches of sand, then put the interior support piers on top of that. It is very difficult to seal a vapor barrier around interior supports.

Also consult with local builders and see if it makes sense to install vents in your brick wall when you build it.