homestead - Re: [Homestead] Male Nettle

  • From: Kathyann <knat AT sprintmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Male Nettle
  • Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 23:03:26 -0600

Rob wrote:

At 12/9/2005 07:26 PM,Marie McHarry wrote:

<<So you want to know about stinging nettles? That's probably something
you could go another 60 years without having missed anything...>>

But, but, but... the post presents them as somewhat desirable ... "can't
live with and can't live without." What are they good for?

As I recall Bill was using them as a quality animal food.

I eat them. Many references for female balancing tea. My daughter's class at school had a weed walk and she was really proud of herself showing how to harvest. I've found it interesting myself that if I lean upon it thoughtlessly I can get stung but, to date, when harvesting a portion proportionately low for the stand, never.
Kathyann