homestead - [Homestead] Ozarks' perspective

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: "homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org" <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Ozarks' perspective
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 20:51:21 -0500

I read extensively the national news purveyors. Since coming back home I am getting back in the habit of reading smaller, but often more profound voices. This is from the Springfield (Missouri) News-Leader, a Letter to the Editor:

Re: "Blame Clinton for teen oral sex," Oct. 24 Readers' Letters.

I cannot believe President Clinton's indiscretion and lying to the American people can even hold a candle to what President Bush is teaching our children.

Bush is teaching our children that lying to start an illegal war is justified. He is teaching our children that it is not the American way to provide for the disabled, the elderly and health care for poor children. Bush is teaching our children that bullying is the American way. Bush is teaching our children that going into debt is responsible economics.

Bush is teaching our children that dissent is equal to disloyalty. He is teaching children how not to be a democracy, but rather a theocracy/dictatorship. The biggest lesson the children will learn is when they grow up and try to pay off the debt he created for them in a world that has lost their trust in America values.

I will tell my nieces and nephews what each president stood for and let them decide who the better role model is.

Pamela Cox, Ozark

  • [Homestead] Ozarks' perspective, Gene GeRue, 10/29/2005