homestead - Re: [Homestead] The GOP on government spending: Borrow 'til the Chinese own us!

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The GOP on government spending: Borrow 'til the Chinese own us!
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 15:03:18 -0500

If we're going to somehow be able to work out these problems, including if not especially Connie Mack's, by our great heart and ingenuity in the future, they why, asks I, don't we apply those traits right now and solve it right now instead of passing down to the next decades?

Seems like you are wanting politicians to act with common sense. They do so in only one regard: getting reelected. Common sense in that regard says do what the voters want: give them handouts, cut their taxes, lie to them because they embrace messengers carrying good news.

So-called leaders in the DC Whorehouse figure they will be retired on their fat congressional pensions when the train goes off the track. Everyone will be pointing fingers at those bad guys in the past that didn't do the right things. The Right will blame the Left and vice versa. Meanwhile, they vote to build bridges to nowhere so their fellow whores will reciprocate and vote for their own back-home pork projects. Pork buys votes.

The time is not yet come for real change; the pain is not great enough.