homestead - Re: [Homestead] The GOP on government spending: Borrow 'til the Chinese own us!

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The GOP on government spending: Borrow 'til the Chinese own us!
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 19:23:22 -0500

If the train goes off the track, let's assume for a minute that one day
it will, and our country is in debt up to and over its eyeballs (more
than it is now), the pensions that previous gov't politicians rely on
come from which source? Is this money banked away in an untouchable
place (safe) that continues to average 10%++ on average?

I don't know but I have confidence that those who make the laws will take care of themselves first.

How many of us have the power to grant ourselves pay raises?