homestead - Re: [Homestead] Off-grid family woes

  • From: "Rob Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Off-grid family woes
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 17:59:50 -0400

So this guy took someone's word for it that the Exxon activity was winding
down. Hard to think of a better example of why one should never buy land
without the mineral rights.

When I bought my property, the realtor said that she had "never heard of mineral rights. That is not something that anyone has ever asked." I had the lawyer check it out. Of course, your neighbors mineral rights would be important in a case like this....

Rob in Va